In 1997-2002 he was a member of ‘Radek’ art group.
Lives and works in Moscow.
He addresses social and political problems of society, mainly using the images and revolutionary ideas of the Russian avant-garde as a basis.
In 2004 he became a laureate of the first Russian award in contemporary art ‘Black square’. In 2011 he became the first Russian artist who got Henkel Art Award.
His personal exhibitions, among other places, took place in:
• Multimedia Art museum (Moscow)
• Museum of contemporary art MUMOK (Vienna, Austria)
He is a participant of many exhibitions, including:
• ‘Ostalgia’ (New Museum, New York)
• ‘Modernikon’ (Venice)
• the 10th Istanbul biennale
• biennale ‘Manifesta 4’ (Frankfurt)
• the Moscow biennale of contemporary art
• ‘Angry Birds’ (Museum of contemporary art, Warsaw)
Ter-Oganyan’s works are in the collections of The State Tretyakov Gallery (Moscow), Multimedia Art Museum (Moscow), The Russian State Museum (St.Petersburg), The Warsaw Museum of contemporary art and in private collections in Russia and Europe.