- "One more time about love..." 26 Dec 2009 The spectator at Oleg Maslov’s exhibition gets in a trap. Familiar to everybody since 1980th hooligan expressionist from art group “New wild ones”, then transformed in to the brilliant professor of New Academy of Fine arts, here suddenly appears…the abstract artist. But it is dodge and prelude: abstract paintings only foretell color scale of an exposition of big format (up to 190x140) figurative painting. It is color of summer, triumph of life and love enthusiasm, which contrasting with December and, simultaneously, as the motley confetti, emphasizing pleasure of Cristmas and New Year’s holiday.
- New paintings from "Two Highways" cycle 27 Nov 2009 Bob Koshelokhov's creativity is a freakish mix on the one hand archaic and speeds, and with another - the ultramodernity and a statics. It is like in a fairy tale the magic subject transfers the hero at the other end of the world, and in science fiction cosmonauts fall asleep to move on millions daylight years. Nowadays Koshelokhov has slightly lowered his "The fourth space" and also looks back - where he has brought.
- 19 Nov 2009
16 Oct 2009
What can be more pleasing to the eye than the tradition of conveying density of water and light penetrating through it? Alexander Dashevsky aspires to seem a vigorous successor to this tradition – as he claims to work in the New Rough Style.
- Chin Chin Cafe decoration 30 Sep 2009 For the birthday of Chin Chin Cafe in 2009, Anna Nova Gallery decorated the restaurant with works from its collection.
- 26 Sep 2009
- 03 Jun 2009
- Attack into ornaments 15 May 2009 At the exhibition of famous Saint-Petersburg painter Victor Kuznetsov (Gipper Pupper) we collide with the subject absurdity arising on a joint of two picturesque cycles, two independent motives: military pilots and ornaments. Among briskly pottering “sets” of extravagant hieroglyphs of GP, where phallic and vaginal symbols are easily distinguished how in colors of Georgia O’Keeffe or Keith Herring’s graffiti , are easily distinguished фаллические and вагинальные symbols.
- 29 Apr 2009
- Defects (with Dmitri Stepanov) 20 Mar 2009 Audiovisual installation “Defects” of Darya Buyun and Dmitry Stepanov tells about, how mass media- radio, newspapers, a newsreel, TV- Influence public consciousness.
- Bogs 06 Feb 2009 Peter Shvetsov presents his research into the frontiers of painting on the example of one apparently very simple theme - a landscape with a bog. The texture of the painting undergoes a check on its ability to convey the depth of a waterlogged quagmire in which opinions and ideas get bogged down. An initial impulse for work has been given by the popular scientific book N.Sukachyov "Bogs, their formation, development and properties", which has been published in Leningrad in 1926.