22 Dec 2012
"Here is deep-felt symbolic begining, need to restore an vivid connection of the world with itself. Contemporary art with it's variation of forms let to operate with different practices, things and meanings, crossing with religious ones. Video, light boxes with dental models ("stem cells of soul, "monads"")reminding religious objects are votivus gifts or baroque catholic makarb (like Hurst), painting from realistic to semiabstract and finally installation work with space, attempt to create integral experience - all it speaks about wide radius of possibilities, behind which there is a wish to restoration, reconstraction of self world".
- Poetic programme by Marina Katsuba 14 Dec 2012 On the 14th of December Marina Katsuba, a poetess, with Alexander Zarankin, a keyboard player in groups ZERO PEOPLE and ANIMAL ДЖAZ, presented a new poet programme "Good morning".
- Book: Boris Koshelokhov «Chronicle» / «Two Highways» 08 Dec 2012 Together with the joint retrospective exhibition project, two books appeared, one of them is about the period when Boris Koshelokhov only took up painting, about an art-group "Chronicle", and the second book is about the most large-scale of his art projects – the stream "Two Highways", which contains thousands of pastels and sketches to one huge painting, a mural of 5000 square meters, on the creation of which he continues to work to this day.
07 Dec 2012
Mania grandiosa is a diagnosis of the same name exhibition by three co-authors from the Leningradskaya school, J.Alexandrov, I.Goldenshluger and K.Molokh. Grandiosity — like artists bring us — isn't large sizes; Vuchetich and Tsereteli were lessening but their creations were growing. Artist looks more impressive in front of his canvas, decreased to a stamp size. Especially if this stamp-canvas is a reproduction of his own work, made by himself. «We don't copy works by Old Masters — we challenge, making our works in small size: those that have already been done, those that will be done and those that will never be done», - Ivan Goldenshluger says.
Proces of passing 3
02 Nov 2012
Ivan Plusch traditionally deploys the art of painting to express existential maxims. His art is about the course of time, although he doesn’t make video because it’s impossible to make an endless film. There need to be characters, plot, metaphors and summarizing images. That’s why Plusch prefers more abstract and traditional for XX century ways of transmission genuine pictures of reality which are canvases and spatial installations. He makes them looking alike artifacts, fixing traces of life processes.
«Senseless Resistance» by Petr Shvetcov
25 Oct 2012
25 Oct — 9 Nov 2012
During Baltic Biennale of Contemporary Art , took place in Rizzordi Art Foundation Loft Anna Nova presented a new installation by Petr Shvetcov «Senseless Resistance».
- Art group «Soap» on the exhibition of Russian artists in Georgia 19 Oct 2012 19 Oct (Tbilisi) and 23 Oct (Batumi) art group «Soap» took part in the exhibition of Russian artists in Georgia.
70 000 years of Boris Koshelokhov
12 Oct 2012
Novyi Museum and Anna Nova Art Gallery presented the exhibition «70 000 years of Boris Koshelokhov» to artist 70 years anniversary.
2 Oct — 12 Nov 2012
25 Sep 2012
In the begining of a new season the Anna Nova gallery presents a second personal exhibition of a young Saint Petersburg artist Stas Bugs. The project ‘Collapse’ is very personal and any comment is superfluous. The projct is the artist’s first experience of working with wood.
According to the author’s design, the minimum information is given about the exhibition.
VIENNA ART FAIR 2012
19 Sep 2012
Anna Nova Art Gallery at VIENNA ART FAIR 2012 /
19-23 Septemper 2012
Artists on the booth:
Yuriy Alexandrov, Vlad Kulkov, Haim Sokol, Art group "SOAP"
- "Pool" 10 Aug 2012 Scenic design by Oleg Maslov "Pool" was implemented by the author in the late 2000s and is represented in the gallery as part of the group exhibition "Heaven and Earth" dedicated to the 5 th anniversary of the gallery.
- Young korean artist 28 Jun 2012 My Self-Portrait is a kind of performance without an audience, only to be photographed since it is portray of my desire rather than the reality. I return back to my adolescent years and actualize my fantasy; suicide by jumping off the building. There was a day I recalled my time of my adolescent years. At that time, I was sitting on the edge of my apartment in New York and looking over the cityscape. I had a thought that suddenly my youth was coming to an end and I could not figure out the future. I sat on the edge and looked down. Then I saw the void.
Fashion Show by Jana Segetti
20 Jun 2012
20 Jun 2012 Anna Nova Gallery will present a fashion show by Jana Segetti
"SS cruise collection 2013 Jana Segetti"
Exhibition "New Empire Style"
04 Jun 2012
"New Empire Style"
(festival "Art Anfas. Napoleon -12")
The exhibition will take place in hotel "Angleter" hall "Anna Pavlova"
(Isaaquievskaya sq., Malaya Morskaya st., 24)
Lecture "Communication in design sphere"
29 May 2012
Anna Nova gallery presented lecture by Galina Lola
"Communication in design sphere"
- TWIN SOURCE by GREATCRISS in frames of AFW 24 May 2012 Anna Nova Gallery presented TWIN SOURCE by GREATCRISS
Spoon Art Fair
18 May 2012
18-20 May 2012
Anna Nova Gallery took part in international fair Spoon Art Fair 2012 in Hong Kong
Lecture by Anna Buivid "For Art"
17 May 2012
Anna Nova Gallery presented lecture by curator and art critic Anna Buivid
On the 17th of May
At 7.30 p.m.
- Dmitriy Petukhov "In the Box" 13 May 2012 he small edition of artist and member of art-group SOAP Dmitriy Petukhov is a result of the performance (project REJECTION, Anna Nova Art Gallery, 2012)
- Rejection 11 May 2012 Group «Soap» (Semen Motolyanets, Dmitry Petuhov), laureates of All-Russian Contemporary Art Competition «Innovation» 2009, participants of Ural Industrial Biennale and exhibition «Russian Povera» in Milan, are well-known for public in Saint-Petersburg. In spite of all artists haven't had any personal exhibition yet. All state institutions usually are afraid of any contacts with representatives of Action Art and group «Soap» could be called the part of this direction. All their projects, performances propose contact with the audience.
- Exhibition "Art Anfas Design" 25 Mar 2012 Exhibition "Art Anfas Design"
- Spinning powers of imprudence 23 Mar 2012 Language is the main character of the last project of Kulkov. The exhibition's title is borrowed from an article by the artist Jacques Derrida, "Kogito and history of madness", dedicated to a book of Michel Foucault. In this text Derrida shows the contradiction of the conception of Foucault to describe the madness of a language the mind, which it opposed.
- Scripture 02 Mar 2012 In the new exhibition Jury Alexandrov tries to do imposible: to transform an image into the word and the word - into the image without any calligraphy's tricks, Appoliner's caligraphy, Bruner's "pictopoetry" and Magritte's "informant". Opening 2d March 2012 at 19.00. Exhibition goes till 10th March 2012
15 Feb 2012
In February 2012 year Anna Nova gallery took part in two international fairs:
ARCOmadrid in Madrid, Spain 15.02 - 19.02 2012 (booth # 10B04A)
AHAF HK in Hong Kong 24.02 - 26.02 2012 (booth # 408A)
- Ambivalence 28 Jan 2012 Freedom like corruption: artist and homo sacer. Haim Sokol made the project in coordination with workers form Kyrgyzstan — guest workers and illegal immigrants.